Thursday 4 June 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Searcy and Chris Kavanagh.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1964 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Steve Searcy: Baseball player.
- Chris Kavanagh: rocker (Sigue Sigue Sputnik-Love Missile F-111).
- Koji Yamamura: Japanese Animator.
- Sabine Krapf: German Pentathlon athlete.
- Sean Pertwee: English actor.
- Kōji Yamamura: Japanese animator producer and screenwriter
- Samuil Marshak: Russian author and poet (d. 1964).
- Beatles World Tour begins in Copenhagen Denmark
- LA Dodger Sandy Koufax 3rd no-hitter beats Phil Phillies, 3-0
- Maldives adopts constitution
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- The Beatles - P.S. I Love You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?