Monday 15 June 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Courtney Cox in Birmingham and Courteney Cox.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
Zulu, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1964 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Courtney Cox in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; actress (Family Ties, Cocoon II).
- Courteney Cox: American actress.
- Valeri Bukrejev: Estonian pole vaulter.
- Gavin Greenaway: English composer and conductor.
- Michael Laudrup: Danish footballer and manager.
- Last French troops leave Algeria
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- The Bachelors - Diane
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?