Wednesday 10 June 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK You're My World by Cilla Black was in the top 5 hits.
Zulu, directed by Cy Endfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1964 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Jimmy Chamberlin: American drummer songwriter and producer (The Smashing Pumpkins Zwan Starchildren and The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex).
- Ben Daniels: English actor.
- Kate Flannery: American actress.
- Tony Martin: New Zealand-Australian comedian actor director and screenwriter.
- Vincent Pérez: Swiss actor and director.
- Vincent Perez: French actor on stage and screen, he has appeared with some of France's greatest actors such as Gerard Depardieu in "Cyrano de Bergerac" (1990) and Catherine Deneuve in "Indochine" (1992). In 1996 he became known to American audiences when his film "The Crow: City of Angels" was released.
- Ludger Abeln: German TV personality.
- Pete Jordan: Elmhurst, Illinois -- Nike golfer (1992 Fresno Open-2nd)
- Louis Gruenberg: Composer, dies at 79.
- Rolling Stones record their 12x5 album at Chess Studios in Chicago
- Southern filibuster on US civil rights bill ends; closure invoked.
- The U.S. Senate votes cloture of the Civil Rights Bill after a 75-day filibuster.
- Greece rejects direct talks with Turkey over Cyprus.
- In Cologne, Germany, Walter Seifert attacks students and teachers in an elementary school with a flamethrower, killing 10 and injuring 21.
- Pennsylvania Governor William Scranton announces his candidacy for the Republican Presidential nomination, as part of a 'stop-Goldwater' movement.
- Nelson Mandela and 7 others are sentenced to life imprisonment in South Africa, and sent to the Robben Island prison.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Barbra Streisand - People
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?