Wednesday 17 June 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1964 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Michael Gross: German competitive swimmer who is 201 centimetres (6 ft 7 in) tall, and thus nicknamed "The Albatross" for his especially long arms that gave him a total span of 2.13 meters.
- Rinaldo Capello: Italian race car driver.
- Svetla Mitkova-Sınırtaş: Bulgarian-Turkish shot putter and discus thrower.
- Erin Murphy: American actress.
- Steve Rhodes: English cricketer and coach.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Bachelors - Diane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?