Saturday 27 June 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to A World Without Love by Peter and Gordon.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1964 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Stephan Brenninkmeijer: Dutch director producer and screenwriter.
- Chuck Person: American basketball player: forward, Spurs.
- Daniel Lazarus: Composer, dies at 65.
- New Phil Silvers Show, last airs on CBS-TV
- Sie Liebt Dich (She Loves You) by Die Beatles peaks at #97
- Jan and Dean release Little Old Lady From Pasadena
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?