Monday 29 June 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Get Around by The Beach Boys.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1964 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Stedman Pearson: Essex, England -- Rock vocalist (Five Star-Silk & Steel).
- Pepper Johnson: NFL linebacker (New York Giants, Cleveland Browns).
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed after 83-day filibuster in Senate
- US Civil Rights Act of 1964 passes after 83-day filibuster in Senate.
- Manx Radio commences broadcasting from Douglas, Isle of Man after receiving its first Low power broadcast licence from the United Kingdom's General Post Office.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?