Sunday 22 March 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Great Ziegfeld, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1936 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Annamaria Gambineri: Italian TV announcer since the beginning of Italian TV.
- Ron Carey: American union leader (d. 2008).
- Marcel Rozier: .
- George Ratcliffe: American executive and CEO in charge of Hubbell, a large telecommunications and electrical products manufacturing corporation.
- Alan Bleasdale: Author / playwright (Are You Lonesome Tonight).
- May Britt: Sweden -- Actress (Young Lions) / Wife of Sammy Davis Jr
- Roger Whittaker: British singer born in British South Africa who is a very popular recording artist in Britain, Canada and the U.S.
- Philip Ely: President (British Law Society).
- Roger Whittaker in Nairobi: Kenya; country singer ("Durham Town").
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1936 and get them!