Thursday 4 March 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adrian Zmed in Chicago and Peter Erling Jacobsen in Portland.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1954 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Adrian Zmed in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (TJ Hooker, Dance Fever).
- Peter Erling Jacobsen in Portland: Oregon, USA; PGA golfer (1990 Bob Hope).
- Yvan Lachaud: French politician.
- Francois Fillon: French politician, Prime Minister of France.
- St Clair L Palmer: vocalist (Sweet Sensation).
- Judith Eger: Canadian dancer
- François Fillon: French politician, minister of higher education and research in 1993. Under president Sarkozy, he served as Prime Minister of France from 17 May 2007 to 16 May 2012. In November 2012 he is expected to become the leader of the UMP, the party which lost the last election.
- Mark Wagner: American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played for the Detroit Tigers (1976–1980), Texas Rangers (1981–1983), and Oakland Athletics (1984).
- Catherine O'Hara: TV Actress
- Timur Apakidze: Russian major general and Hero of the Russian Federation (d. 2001)
- Victoria Barnsley: English publisher
- Mark Chorvinsky: American magician and author (d. 2005)
- Ricky Ford: American saxophonist and educator
- Peter Jacobsen: American golfer and sportscaster
- Boris Moiseev: Russian singer, choreographer, dancer, writer and actor
- Irina Ratushinskaya: Russian writer and dissident
- Willie Thorne: English snooker player and sportscaster
- JE Wilkins, appointed 1st Black US sub-cabinet member
- Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, announces the first successful kidney transplant.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?