Thursday 4 March 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1954 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Timur Apakidze: Russian major general and Hero of the Russian Federation (d. 2001).
- Victoria Barnsley: English publisher.
- François Fillon: French politician, minister of higher education and research in 1993.
- Mark Chorvinsky: American magician and author (d. 2005).
- Ricky Ford: American saxophonist and educator.
- Peter Jacobsen: American golfer and sportscaster
- Boris Moiseev: Russian singer, choreographer, dancer, writer and actor
- Irina Ratushinskaya: Russian writer and dissident
- Willie Thorne: English snooker player and sportscaster
- Mark Wagner: American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played for the Detroit Tigers (1976–1980), Texas Rangers (1981–1983), and Oakland Athletics (1984).
- Judith Eger: Canadian dancer
- Adrian Zmed in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (TJ Hooker, Dance Fever).
- Peter Erling Jacobsen in Portland: Oregon, USA; PGA golfer (1990 Bob Hope).
- Catherine O'Hara: TV Actress
- Yvan Lachaud: French politician
- Francois Fillon: French politician, Prime Minister of France
- St Clair L Palmer: vocalist (Sweet Sensation)
- JE Wilkins, appointed 1st Black US sub-cabinet member
- Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, announces the first successful kidney transplant.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?