Thursday 5 July 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1956 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- James Lofton: Football Player.
- Monique Evans: Brazilian brunette model and occasional actress.
- James Lofton NFL wide reciever (Buffalo Bills: Green Bay Packers, Oakland Raiders).
- Horacio Cartes: Paraguayan businessman and politician President of Paraguay.
- Terry Chimes: English drummer (The Clash Generation X Hanoi Rocks and Cowboys International).
- Patsy Pease: American actress
- France raises tobacco tax 20% due to war in Algeria
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?