Friday 5 May 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Barbarian, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1933 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Igor Kashkarov: Russian high jumper.
- Vidar Theisen: Norwegian meteorologist, known for his nasal speech and lack of tonal variation during his presentations of the weather forecast.
- The detection by Karl Jansky of radio waves from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy is reported in the ''New York Times''. The discovery leads to the birth of radio astronomy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?