Sunday 21 May 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1933 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Yevgeny Minayev: Russian weightlifter (d. 1993).
- Maurice André: French musician, a trumpeter.
- Barry Norman: Britain -- Film critic (Film Greats).
- Yevgeni Minaev: Soviet weightlifter (d. 1993).
- Maurice Andre: French trumpeter.
- Richard Libertini in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Soap, Ghost).
- Paul Brenner: American physician, an obstetrician and leader in the holistic health movement.
- John Henry Mackay: Scottish / German Author (Der Schwimmer), dies at 69.
- Mt Davidson Cross lit by FDR via telegraph
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?