Wednesday 3 May 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil's Brother, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1933 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Stair : American minister and radio host.
- Steven Weinberg: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Amedee Domenech: France sport Champion.
- Alex Cord: American actor.
- James Brown: American recording artist and musician.
- Amadee Domenech: French rugby player, one of the greatest props of rugby history. Nicknamed ‘’The Duke,’ he was selected 50 times in international events. In 1971 he published his memoirs, "Un rugby de Duc." He died in September 2003, cause unspecified.
- Giorgio Bracardi: Italian actor, composer and stand-up comedian.
- Louis Mathiau: French criminal, a murderer and thief who was sentenced to death and executed.
- 1st female director (Nellie T Ross) of US Mint takes office
- Nellie Tayloe Ross becomes the first woman to head the United States Mint.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?