Wednesday 10 May 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Study in Scarlet, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1933 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Jean-Claude Barreau: French essayist, journalist and politician.
- Jean Becker: French film director, son of Jacques Becker.
- Marianne Payton: American astrologer; beginning her studies in 1978, she had her own computer by 1983.
- Barbara Taylor Bradford: English writer.
- Barbara Bradford: English-American author.
- Françoise Fabian: Algerian-French actress
- Deutsche Arbeitsfront (DAF) forms.
- Nazis stage public book burnings in Germany.
- Paraguay declares war on Bolivia.
- Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?