Wednesday 10 May 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Taylor Bradford and Jean-Claude Barreau.
A Study in Scarlet, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1933 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Barbara Taylor Bradford: English writer.
- Jean-Claude Barreau: French essayist, journalist and politician.
- Jean Becker: French film director, son of Jacques Becker.
- Marianne Payton: American astrologer; beginning her studies in 1978, she had her own computer by 1983.
- Barbara Bradford: English-American author.
- Françoise Fabian: Algerian-French actress
- Deutsche Arbeitsfront (DAF) forms.
- Nazis stage public book burnings in Germany.
- Paraguay declares war on Bolivia.
- Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?