Monday 8 May 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alistair Service and Paul Dedieu.
A Study in Scarlet, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1933 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Alistair Service: Writer / publisher.
- Paul Dedieu: French rugby union player, a fullback who played with the French national team from 1963 to 1965, and with the 'AS Béziers' team.
- Mohandas Gandhi begins a 21-day fast in protest against British oppression in India.
- Mohandas Gandhi begins a 3-week hunger strike because of the mistreatment of the lower castes.
- In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
- Paraguay declares war on Bolivia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?