Tuesday 23 May 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1933 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Ove Fundin: Swedish motorcycle racer.
- Jean-Louis Lagadec: French footballer and coach (d. 2012).
- Jack Critchfield: American manager, CEO of Florida Progress, a utility company.
- Bruce A Peterson US test pilot (M2: HL-10).
- Gerrit J: M Braks; Dutch minister of agriculture and land and fishing (CDA).
- John Browning: American firearm designer and inventor (Born 1855)
- Joan Collins: British actress, a gorgeous teen-age model. She made a stage debut in London in 1946 and was on-screen from 1952. Usually cast as a vamp and seductress, her films included "The Stud," "Game for Vulture," and "The Bitch." She took a role in the TV series "Dynasty" in the late '80s, a major starring soap.
- Legendary American racehorse Seabiscuit is born.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?