Saturday 5 May 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Blue Steel, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1934 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Joseph Planckaert: Belgium sport Champion.
- Ace Cannon: American saxophonist.
- Victor Garland: Australian accountant and politician 26th Australian Minister for Veterans' Affairs.
- Johnnie Taylor: American singer (Born 1938).
- 60th Kentucky Derby: Mack Garner aboard Cavalcade wins in 2:04.
- The first Three Stooges short, ''Woman Haters'', is released.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?