Saturday 5 October 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1957 ?
- Larry Saumell: Jockey.
- Lee "Kix" Thompson: Saxophonist (Madness-Baggy Trousers).
- Bernie Mac: American actor and comedian (d. 2008).
- Bernard Jeffrey McCullough [Bernie Mac] in Chicago Illinois USA American actor/comedian (The Bernie : Full Throttle, Transformers) (died 2008).
- Mark Geragos: American attorney representing high profile clients.
- Lee Thompson: English singer-songwriter and saxophonist (Madness and The Dance Brigade)
- 11th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Montreal 5-3 at Montreal
- Yugoslav dissident Milovan Djilos sentenced to 7 years
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 October 1957 and get them!