Saturday 5 October 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Saumell and Lee "Kix" Thompson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zorro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1957 ?
- Larry Saumell: Jockey.
- Lee "Kix" Thompson: Saxophonist (Madness-Baggy Trousers).
- Bernard Jeffrey McCullough [Bernie Mac] in Chicago Illinois USA American actor/comedian (The Bernie : Full Throttle, Transformers) (died 2008).
- Mark Geragos: American attorney representing high profile clients.
- Bernie Mac: American actor and comedian (d. 2008).
- Lee Thompson: English singer-songwriter and saxophonist (Madness and The Dance Brigade)
- 11th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Montreal 5-3 at Montreal
- Yugoslav dissident Milovan Djilos sentenced to 7 years
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?