Thursday 31 October 1957, Halloween
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Stokes Mitchell and Camille Casabianca.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pursuit of the Graf Spee, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1957 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Brian Stokes Mitchell: American singer and actor.
- Camille Casabianca: French filmmaker and writer.
- Brian Mitchell: American singer and actor.
- Shirley Phelps-Roper: American lawyer and activist.
- Robert Pollard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Guided by Voices).
- Jamaica opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 558 performances
- Toyota begins exporting vehicles to the U.S., beginning with the Toyota Crown and the Toyota Land Cruiser
- The Mackinac Bridge, the world's longest suspension bridge between anchorages at the time, opens in the US to connect Michigan's two peninsulas.
- The westbound tube AKA the first tube of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel linking to Norfolk, Virginia and Hampton, Virginia opens at a cost of $44 million dollars.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 October 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Little Richard - Keep A Knockin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Ricky Nelson - Be-Bop Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?