Friday 4 October 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christina Smith and Alexander Tkachyov.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Raintree County, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zorro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1957 ?
- Christina Smith: Miami, Florida -- Playmate (Mar, 1978).
- Alexander Tkachyov: Soviet gymnast.
- Kyra Schon: American actress.
- Livia Jannoni: Italian model, who won the beauty contest Miss Italy in 1975.
- Bill Fagerbakke: American actor.
- Russell Simmons: American entrepreneur
- Yngve Moe: Norwegian bass player and songwriter (Dance with a Stranger) (d. 2013)
- Leave It to Beaver, debuts on CBS
- USSR launches Sputnik I, 1st artificial Earth satellite
- Avro Arrow roll-out ceremony at Avro Canada plant in Malton, Ontario.
- Space Race: Launch of Sputnik I, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?