Saturday 12 October 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jailhouse Rock, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1957 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Marc Abitbol: French medical researcher, who serves as Director, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Visionix Ltd.
- Kristen Bjorn: English porn actor director and producer.
- Clémentine Célarié: French actress singer and director.
- Mask & Gown closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 39 performances
- Simply Heavenly closes at Playhouse Theater NYC after 62 performances
- 1st coml flight between California and Antartica
- Canadian Prime Minister Lester Bowles Pearson wins Nobel Peace Prize
- First commercial flight between California and Antarctica.
- Ayn Rand's novel ''Atlas Shrugged'' is published.
- Two trains collide in Turkey 95 die.
- The U.S. military sustains its first combat fatality in Vietnam, Army Capt. Hank Cramer of the 1st Special Forces Group.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?