Saturday 21 December 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hôtel du Nord, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Paul [Ray Hildebrand]: Texas, United States -- Singer (Hey Paula).
- Frank Zappa in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; composer/musician/satirist (Mothers of Invention, Catholic Girls).
- Ray Hildebrand: American singer (Paul & Paula).
- Frank Zappa: American musician, a guitarist, singer and composer, an actor, record and film producer.
- Kelly Cherry: Kelly Cherry American poet and author.
- Arvi Lind: Finnish news broadcaster
- F Scott Fitzgerald: Author (Zelda), dies of a heart attack at 44.
- Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, author (Great Gatsby, Zelda), dies of a heart attack in Hollywood, California at age 44.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?