Thursday 6 July 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1911 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Elmo Mays: American minister and spiritualist reverend who was reputed to be clairvoyant, clairaudient and able to levitate on occasion.
- LaVerne Andrews: American contralto singer, the eldest of the three siblings known as The Andrews Sisters, a close harmony singing group of the swing and boogie-woogie eras.
- Reg Tweedie: British racehorse rider, owner, and trainer; the owner-trainer of Freddie, the champion hunter chaser who become the first Scottish-trained Grand National winner.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?