Saturday 29 July 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1911 ?
- Archbishop Iakovos of America: Turkish-born Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America (d. 2005).
- Foster Furcolo: American lawyer and politician 60th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1995).
- Iakovos: Archbishop Iakovos of America (d. 2005).
- Max Wolf: Brazilian Army sergeant, a member of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force who fought in Italy in World War II.
- Walter Lohmann: Germany sport Champion.
- Jan Cikker: Composer
- Boston Red Sox Joe Wood no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 5-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let Me Live and Stay in Dixieland - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- King of the Bungaloos - Gene Greene
- It's Got to be Someone I Love - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?