Thursday 6 June 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Band On The Run by Paul McCartney.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thriller: A Cruel Picture, directed by Alex Fridolinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1974 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Brooke Wilkins: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Patrick Hape: Tight end (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Kracker : American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Danny Strong: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Sonya Walger: English-American actress.
- Guillaume Musso: French wrter, a prolific novelist whose books have sold over 11 million copies to date in early 2011. His first book, "Skidamarink," was published in 2001 and captured the attention of a wide audience. "Afterwards," published in 2004, was written after he suffered an accident leaving him to wonder about death and not dying. Translated into several languages, the book was made into a movie in 2009. Two of his eight books have received prizes in Italy and in France.
- 47th National Spelling Bee: Julie Ann Junkin wins spelling hydrophyte
- A new Instrument of Government is promulgated making Sweden a parliamentary monarchy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?