Thursday 13 June 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Chinatown, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1974 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Coko : American singer (SWV).
- Steve-O : American stunt performer and television personality.
- Selma Björnsdóttir: Icelandic singer and actress.
- Brande Roderick: American model and actress.
- Takahiro Sakurai: Japanese voice actor.
- Frédéric Bourdin: French con artist and serial impostor, nicknamed "The Chameleon." Even in his 30s, he usually impersonated children taking on more than 20 identities in over 15 countries.
- Selma Bjornsdottir: Icelandic singer
- Valeri Bure: Moscow, Russia -- NHL right wing (Montreal Canadiens, Olympics - Silver - 1998)
- Steve O: Reality Star
- Elli Overton: Canada -- Australian swimmer (1992, 96 Olympics - 5th Place)
- Harvey Esajas: Suriname -- Dutch soccer player (Feyenoord)
- Henry Aaron addresses House of Representatives
- The 1974 FIFA World Cup begins in West Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?