Friday 6 November 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
2012, directed by Roland Emmerich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 6 November 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 November
- Ron Sproat: American screenwriter and playwright (d. 2009).
- A US Army major opens fire on fellow soldiers at the Fort Hood military base in Texas, killing 13 people and injuring 30.
- Tens of thousands of people protest against government cutbacks in eight Irish cities and ten locations across Northern Ireland. (RTÉ)
- Germany's Defence Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg admits mistakes were made in a September 4 Afghan air raid which resulted in 142 deaths. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At least 34 people are killed and 29 are injured when a bus falls into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh. (CNN)
- At least nine people are missing following the crash of a Russian military plane in the Pacific Ocean. (BBC)
- Three people are hurt and a gunman takes his own life in a rare shooting incident in Yokohama, Japan. (''Daily Yomiuri'')
- One person is killed and five are injured during a shooting in an office building in Orlando, Florida, USA. (Reuters)
- Saudi forces continue more raids against rebel Houthi fighters in northern Yemen, after rebel fighters killed a Saudi security official. (UPI)
- The Russian human rights group Memorial says security forces from Chechnya have kidnapped the head of another rights group in Moscow and flown him to Grozny. (AP)
- Ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya says a deal to resolve the political crisis in the country is ampquotdeadampquot, after interim leader Roberto Micheletti announced a unity government without him. (''New York Times'')
- 19 people are killed after a truck runs into a crowd in Luanxian, Hebei, China. (RIA Novosti)
- Indian and Burmese armed forces target a Nagaland separatist rebel base in the northeast of Burma. (BBC)
- A court in Côte d'Ivoire orders that compensation due to thousands of people affected by the dumped waste of Trafigura should not be distributed to one man. (BBC)
- Niger's foreign affairs ministry confirms customs officials in Nigeria are blocking Niger from goods importation. (Reuters)
- The composer and pianist Elton John is released from his hospital bed in London after a period of illness which saw him cancel several concerts on The Red Piano Tour. (Reuters India)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 November 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?