Wednesday 25 November 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Tempted by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Archibald's Adventures or Battleswarm: Field of Honor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 November 2009 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 November
- Irish floods: Water levels rise between Gort and Kinvara, the main Galway-Limerick road is partially impassable, water levels in Athlone reach 50cm over the highest level on record, Waterways Ireland describes water levels on the River Shannon as ampquotunmanageableampquot and says one third of Ireland's annual rain has so far fallen during November alone. (RTÉ)
- 2009 South Yemen insurgency: Five Yemenis die when security forces clash with southern separatists. (Reuters)
- President of French Polynesia Oscar Temaru is ousted in a motion of no confidence by the Assembly of French Polynesia. The Assembly elects Gaston Tong Sang as president. Gaston returns to power just nine months after leaving office. This is the eleventh new government in five years. (Radio Australia)
- Dubai World, the state-owned real-estate and ports giant, asks for a moratorium on its 59 billion US dollars' in debt until at least May 30, 2010. (Bloomberg)
- Two journalists kidnapped more than a year ago in Somalia, an Australian and a Canadian, are released. (ABC News)
- Five people are killed at a rally demanding secession in Shabwa, southern Yemen. (Xinhua)
- A court in Pakistan charges seven suspects in connection with the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai. (AFP)
- Prosecutors in the trial of a former Khmer Rouge prison chief Kaing Guek Eav request a 40 year prison sentence. (Press TV)
- Maguindanao massacre
- Philippine police name a political ally of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo as prime suspect in the Maguindanao massacre. (ABS-CBN News)
- The Philippine National Police take full control of the province of Maguindanao to prevent an escalation of violence. (Philippine Daily Inquirer)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?