Thursday 8 March 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Banking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amnesia Fortnight 2012 or Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 8 March 2012 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 March
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- Abdo Hussameddin, the Syrian deputy oil minister, announces that he is resigning and joining the Opposition. (BBC)
- Syrian dissidents reject a call by Kofi Annan to stop fighting and seek peace talks. (Reuters)
- Police in Dublin remove the Occupy Dame Street camp during an overnight raid. (RTE)
- British Prime Minister David Cameron announces that two engineers – Briton Chris McManus and Italian Franco Lamolinara – who were abducted by Islamic extremists in Nigeria in May 2011 were killed during a rescue attempt by British and Nigerian forces. (BBC)
- Greece secures a debt-restructuring deal with private lenders. (''New York Times'')
- Inflation levels in China fall substantially. (CNNMoney)
- Spanx inventor Sara Blakely becomes the youngest self-made female billionaire on ''Forbes''' list. (''Forbes'')
- Toyota recalls 700,000 cars over safety concerns. (''The Guardian'')
- A gunman kills one person and injures seven others before himself being shot dead at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Western Psychiatric Institute Clinic in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (CNN)
- Former Los Angeles Police Department detective Stephanie Lazarus is found guilty of a high profile 1986 murder. (NPR)
- The first full map of the debris field of the remains of the is announced. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- A study suggests that donor stem cells may prevent organ rejection in imperfectly matched transplant cases. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?