Tuesday 8 December 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1953 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Kim Basinger in Athens: Georgia, USA; actress (9 1/2 Weeks, Batman).
- Kim Basinger: American film actress, sensual, full-lipped and lushly gorgeous.
- Roy Firestone: American sportscaster and journalist.
- Norman Finkelstein: American author academic and activist.
- Sam Kinison: American comedian, dies in a car crash at age 38 (born 1953).
- 19th Heisman Trophy Award: John Lattner, Notre Dame (HB).
- United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers his ''Atoms for Peace'' speech, and the U.S. launches its ''Atoms for Peace'' program that supplied equipment and information to schools, hospitals, and research institutions around the world.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1953 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?