Thursday 8 February 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Come, directed by Perry Henzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1973 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Michelle Brogan: Australian basketball forward (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Tom King: Australian 470 class yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Eric Kresser: quarterback (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Andreas Gliatis: soccer player (NEC).
- Dave Dopek in Bolingbrook: Illinois, USA; 200 metre runner.
- Jean Kerrs Finishing Touches, premieres in New York City
- Senate names 7 members to investigate Watergate scandal
- US Senate names seven members to investigate Watergate scandal.
- Mushtaq and Asif Iqbal make 350 stand for fourth wicket versus New Zealand.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- War - The World Is A Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?