Saturday 17 February 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
Walking Tall, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1973 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Raphaël Ibañez: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as hooker.
- Chris Robinson: NBA guard (Vancouver Grizzlies).
- Raymond Jackson: NFL defensive back (Buffalo Bills).
- Frank Sanders: NFL wide receiver (Arizona Cardinals).
- Drew Barry: American basketball player.
- Raphael Ibanez: French rugby player
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 February 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?