Saturday 8 July 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1967 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Jordan Chan: Hong Kong actor and singer.
- Stéphane Belmondo: French jazz trumpeter, flugelhornist and drummer.
- Mikhail Borodulin: Hockey forward (Team Kazakhstan 1998).
- Fatima Jinnah: Pakistani dentist and politician (d. 1967).
- 74th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Billie Jean King beats A Jones (63 64)
- Helen Weston of Detroit, Michgan, USA bowls a record 4,585 in 24 games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
- Johnny Rivers - The Tracks Of My Tears
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?