Thursday 20 July 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Akihito Sugisawa and Ian Beckles.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kenilworth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1967 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Akihito Sugisawa: Hockey forward (Team Japan 1998).
- Ian Beckles: NFL guard (Tampa Bay Bucs).
- Jon Normile: Cleveland, Ohio -- Fencer (1996 Olympics).
- Indra : Former singer and actress, born to Estonian parents, she was best known in France.
- Reed Diamond: American actor.
- Courtney Taylor-Taylor: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Dandy Warhols)
- Pablo Neruda receives 1st Viareggio-Versile prizes
- Race riots in Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?