Friday 14 July 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glen Scrivener and Leonardo Lavalle.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Malican père et fils.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1967 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Glen Scrivener: CFL defensive tackle (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Leonardo Lavalle: Mexico -- Tennis star.
- Patrick J Kennedy: American politician.
- Kurt Elsasser: Austrian singer.
- Patrick Kennedy: American politician and noted family, the son of Joan and Ted Kennedy.
- Valérie Pécresse: French politician. She has been deputy of the Yvelines since 16 May 2002, Minister for Higher Education and Research from 18 May 2007 to June 2011 and Minister of the Budget from then until May 2012. She was also the Government's spokeswoman.
- Marios Constantinou: Cypriot footballer and manager
- Jeff Jarrett: American wrestler and promoter co-founded Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Robin Ventura: Santa Maria, California -- Infielder (Chicago White Sox)
- Tudor Arghezi: Romanian journalist author and poet (d. 1967).
- Astro Eddie Matthews hits his 500th HR off SF Giant Juan Marichal
- Surveyor 4 launched to Moon; explodes just before landing.
- US Treasury begins removing silver coins from circulation from bags of mixed coins coming into Federal Reserve banks, and discontinues fixed price of silver at $1.293 per ounce.
- Near Newark, New Jersey, the Plainfield, NJ, riots also occur.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?