Wednesday 19 July 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Bergstrom and Dale Hurley Jr.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kenilworth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1967 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Christian Bergstrom: Sweden -- Tennis star.
- Dale Hurley Jr: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Muriel Degauque: Belgian terrorist (d. 2005).
- Stuart Howe: Canadian operatic tenor.
- Fabienne Jacomet: French homicide victim, the wife of Henri Jean Jacomet who was convicted of murder and sentenced to prison for seven years until the verdict was overturned and he was released on 6/15/1995.
- Yael Abecassis: Israeli model and actress
- Jean-François Mercier: Canadian comedian screenwriter and television host
- 1st air conditioned NYC subway car (R-38 on the F line)
- US launches Explorer 35 for lunar orbit (800 / 7400 km)
- Race riots in Durham, North Carolina, USA.
- A race riot breaks out in the North Side of Minneapolis on Plymouth Street during the Minneapolis Aquatennial Parade and business are vandalized and fires break out in the area, although the disturbance is quelled within hours. However, the next day a shooting sets off another incident in the same area that leads to 18 fires, 36 arrests, 3 shootings, 2 dozen people injured, and damages totaling 4.2 million. There will be two more such incidents in the following two weeks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?