Sunday 13 October 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Deception, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1946 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Demond Wilson: TV Actor.
- Bram Vermeulen: Dutch singer (Neerlands Hoop).
- Levon Ananyan: Armenian journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Demond Wilson in Valdosta: Georgia, USA; actor (Sanford and Son, Baby I'm Back).
- Edwina Currie: British conservative politician and Jr.
- Cameron Mackintosh: Scottish producer and owner of seven West End theaters, responsible for many of the major productions to be staged in London over the last two decades. Mackintosh is known to be intensely loyal to friends and family, and personally very frugal ("I compare prices when I go shopping in the supermarket") - in spite of the £10 million a year salary he affords himself.
- France adopts the constitution of the Fourth Republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?