Sunday 9 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1914 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert Taussat: Pont-du-Ch?teau EXecutives.
- 2nd Alastair: British royalty, a great-grandson of Queen Victoria through his father and great-great-grandson of Victoria through his mother.
- Tove Jansson: Swedish-speaking Finnish novelist, painter, illustrator and comic strip author.
- Gordon Cullen: Architect.
- Roger Buvat: French biologist.
- Ferenc Fricsay: Hungarian-Austrian conductor and director (d. 1963)
- Joe Mercer: English footballer and manager (d. 1990)
- William Hewitt: American manufacturing executive, with john deere plow co..
- German submarine U-15 sinks British cruiser
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?