Monday 17 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franklin D Roosevelt Jr and Roger Levy.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1914 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Franklin D Roosevelt Jr: son of Franklin Delano Roosevelt; American politician (Democrat for New York in House of Representatives, 1949-55).
- Roger Levy: Commercy Military man.
- Bill Downs: American broadcast journalist (Born 1914).
- Franklin Roosevelt: Jr.
- James Grierson: British General.
- Lithuiana surrenders to Germans
- World War I: Battle of Stalluponen : The German army of General Hermann von Francois defeats the Russian force commanded by Pavel Rennenkampf near modern-day Nesterov, Russia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?