Monday 17 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1914 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Franklin D Roosevelt Jr: son of Franklin Delano Roosevelt; American politician (Democrat for New York in House of Representatives, 1949-55).
- Bill Downs: American broadcast journalist (Born 1914).
- Franklin Roosevelt: Jr.
- Roger Levy: Commercy Military man.
- James Grierson: British General.
- Lithuiana surrenders to Germans
- World War I: Battle of Stalluponen : The German army of General Hermann von Francois defeats the Russian force commanded by Pavel Rennenkampf near modern-day Nesterov, Russia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?