Tuesday 18 August 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Héritier and Rudolf Moller.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1914 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Georges Héritier: French military officer in World War II, also known as Georges Herand, Capitaine Georges or Croc.
- Rudolf Moller: Germany Actor.
- French troops under general Dubail occupy Sarrebourg
- President Wilson issues Proclamation of Neutrality.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 August 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Off with the Old Love, On with the New - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When It's Night Time Down in Burghandy - George MacFarlane
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?