Friday 7 August 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1914 ?
- Ted Moore: South Africa -- Cinematographer (James Bond).
- Boleslaw Dembinski: Composer, dies at 81.
- British Gloucester vs. German Breslau / Goeben off Greece
- French government awards King Albert of Belgium the Great Cross
- French troops under General Bonneau occupy Altkitrch at Elzas
- German army occupies city of Liege Belgium
- Lord Kitchner says Your country needs you, poster spreads over UK
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Alamo - Peerless Quartet
- Kitty McKay - Prince's Orchestra
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Lyric Quartet
- Gems from High Jinks - Victor Light Opera Co.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?