Thursday 9 September 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1954 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Jeffrey Combs: American actor.
- Walter Paul Davis: Pineville, North Carolina -- Basketball player (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Alfred Gradstein: Composer, dies at 49.
- Indians becomes 1st Cleveland team to win 100 games in a season
- An earthquake centered on the city of Orléansville, Algeria kills 1,500 and leaves thousands homeless.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 September 1954 and get them!