Friday 8 August 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kat Duff and Robin Quivers.
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1952 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Kat Duff: American pro astrologer, the author of "The Alchemy of Illness," a personal and philosophical exploration of the transformative process of healing through illness.
- Robin Quivers: American radio personality and author, co-host of Howard Stern’s nationally syndicated radio and cable television show.
- Philippe Varin: French engineer (Polytechnique and Ecole des Mines) and businessman, CEO of automotive company PSA Peugeot Citroën, Varin gave up his supplementary retirement allocation (21 millions euros) on 27 November 2013.
- Anton Fig: South African-American drummer (Spider Frehley's Comet and Booker T. & the M.G.
- Jostein Gaarder: Norwegian author.
- Syngman Ree re-elected President of South-Korea
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?