Monday 25 August 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Big Jim McLain, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1952 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Vijayakanth : Indian actor and politician.
- Ann Abraham: English public servant.
- Geoff Downes: English keyboard player songwriter and producer (The Buggles Yes and Asia).
- Duleep Mendis: Sri Lankan cricketer and coach.
- Puerto Rico becomes a US commonwealth
- Detroit Tigers' Virgil Trucks second no-hitter of year, beats New York Yankees, 1-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?