Thursday 28 August 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Chagnon and Rita Dove.
Monkey Business, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1952 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jacques Chagnon: Canadian educator and politician.
- Rita Dove: American poet and author.
- Guy Nadon: Canadian actor.
- Wendelin Wiedeking: German businessman.
- German and Israeli reach accord about recovery payments
- Jakob Malik succeeds Zorine as Foreign minister
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?