Wednesday 13 August 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie Helvin and Herb Ritts.
Casque d'Or, directed by Jacques Becker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1952 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Marie Helvin: Model / actress (Children).
- Herb Ritts: American photographer; Ritts is best known for his celebrity photography, especially for the covers of Rolling Stone magazine and for his work celebrating the human body.
- Dave Carter: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer) (d. 2002).
- Tom Davis: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Gary Gibbs: American football player and coach.
- Hughie Thomasson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Outlaws and Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 2007)
- Japan joins the IMF.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?