Monday 10 December 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Capurro and Rakhat Aliyev.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lawrence of Arabia, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1962 ?
- Scott Capurro: American gay stand-up comedian, writer, actor, and voice-over talent.
- Rakhat Aliyev: Kazakh politician and diplomat (d. 2015).
- John de Wolf: former Dutch International footballer.
- Hunters Point (San Francisco) jitney ends service after 50 years
- David Lean's epic film ''Lawrence of Arabia'', featuring Peter O' Toole, Omar Sharif, Alec Guinness, Jack Hawkins, and Anthony Quinn premieres in London. Six days later, it opens in the U.S.
- In West Germany, a coalition government of Christian Democrats, Christian Socialists, and Free Democrats is formed.
- The last execution by hanging in Canada takes place.
- U.S. spacecraft Mariner 2 flies by Venus, becoming the first probe to successfully transmit data from another planet.
- The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci ''Mona Lisa'' was assessed for insurance purposes at US$100 million, before the painting toured the United States for several months. It is the highest insurance value for a painting in history. However, the Louvre chose to spend the money that would have been spent on the insurance premium on security instead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?