Tuesday 25 December 1962, Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Ellen Clark and Dean Cameron in Morrison.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
On TV people were watching Why Is It So?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1962 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Mary Ellen Clark: Abington, Pennsylvania -- Diver (1992, 96 Olympics - 2 Bronze Medals).
- Dean Cameron in Morrison: Illinois, USA; actor (Herbie - Spencer).
- Darren Wharton: British keyboardist (Thin Lizzy and Dare).
- Dean Cameron: American actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?