Saturday 10 March 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred McLeod Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1956 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Janet Anderson in West Sunbury: Pennsylvania, USA; LPGA golfer (1982 US Women's Open).
- Mitchell Lichtenstein: American actor, son of Roy Lichtenstein.
- Robert Llewellyn: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- Larry Myricks: American long jumper and sprinter.
- Alan Trefler: American entrepreneur, one of the new breed of young, super-rich software designers.
- Peter Twiss sets new world air record 1,132 mph (1,823 kph).
- General strike in Cyprus protesting exile of archbishop Makarios.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?