Saturday 31 March 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aissa Gionis and Didier Hoch.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Awaara, directed by Raj Kapoor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Edge of Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1956 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Aissa Gionis: American noted family, the daughter of John Wayne and his wife Pilar Palleta, the fifth of her dad's seven kids, raised in a sheltered life.
- Didier Hoch: French business leader in the vaccine industry, who serves as Executive Chairman of Biovision, the annual forum on future-oriented research in life sciences.
- Ralph DePalma: Italian-born race car driver (Born 1884).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?