Thursday 22 March 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Alexander the Great, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1956 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Generosa Ammon: American wife of Daniel Pelosi (d. 2003).
- Lyndsay Stephen in Donnybrook: Western Australia; Australasia golfer.
- George A L Sarton: Belgian/US historian, dies at age 71.
- Mr Wonderful opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 383 performances
- Musical Mr Wonderful with Sammy Davis Jr premieres in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1956 and get them!